3 handfulls of diced mushrooms (any kind)
3 handfulls of diced broccoli
handful of diced tofu
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
Coat your pan with oilve oil on medium high heat. Add shrooms, broccoli and tofu. Add Vinegar and BBQ sauce. Sprinkle Sesame seeds to your liking. Cover, turn to med-low. Let cook for 5-7 minutes.
The BBQ and Balsamic combination is really interesting; sweet touch with acidic undertones.
I love cooking with BV!
- Erica Brigati, a registered dietitian, states on Livestrong.com that balsamic vinegar contains antioxidants, called polyphenols that "may boost the activity of the digestive enzyme pepsin. This enzyme helps to break proteins down into smaller amino acids." According to Ms. Brigati, this process enhances the immune system, metabolism, cellular repair, and muscle building. Balsamic vinegar also contains acetic acid, which helps the body absorb certain minerals that can strengthen bones.
- Reducing fat in the body is another health benefit of balsamic vinegar. Using it as a substitute for regular salad dressing or mayonnaise can reduce overall fat and calorie intake.
- Using balsamic vinegar with meals can help control diabetes. Ms. Brigati states, "It appears that as little as five teaspoons of the vinegar with a meal can improve insulin sensitivity." Better insulin levels means having better control of diabetes.
- Balsamic vinegar's antioxidants, such as polyphenols, protect the body from cancer and heart disease. Antioxidants protect from cell damage and improve the immune system. Antioxidants guard against harmful radicals in the body. Ms Brigati reports, "More research is needed though to further evaluate the polyphenol content of balsamic vinegar and their exact mechanisms of action."
- Marion Volk, a lecturer, practitioner and registered provider, states at Alstudio.com that balsamic vinegar can help reduce headaches and lower the risk for anemia. She points out that balsamic can suppress appetite, and help to control weight. Ms. Volk also reports that adding balsamic vinegar into a diet can help an individual to become more energetic, and less fatigued.