When I am not busy taking care of my two energetic little boys, or working on an interior design project~ I play in the kitchen! For the last 15 years, I have been juxtaposing new flavors and ideas; it’s finally time to document my recipes...

I believe in fresh & affordable meals.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Firm Sweet Tofu

I don't like soggy tofu. This recipe dries it out a bit. I like to make a large batch and use it all week in stir-fry's, wraps, quesadilas, etc. After its cooked, its pretty versatile, and will blend in with any flavor you mix it with!

Sliced Extra Firm tofu
1/2 C. BBQ Sauce
1/2 C. Soy Sauce
Cayenne Pepper
Sesame Seeds
Agave Syrup

Preheat oven to Broil. 
Cut tofu and place on Baking sheet. Mix BBQ Sauce and Soy Sauce. Spread Mixture over Tofu. 
Sprinkle a small amount of Cayenne Pepper over all the tofu. Sprinkle Sesame Seeds over Tofu. 
Drizzle Agave Syrup 

Place baking sheet on middle top rack. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip/turn over tofu. Sprinkle again with Cayenne and Sesame. Drizzle more agave. Cook for another 10 minutes.

Tofu should turn golden brown and start to curl up a bit on the sides. It should feel firm to the touch. If it is still really soggy, put sheet on the top rack of the oven for a few minutes. That'l firm em right up.

This tofu is good with a Peanut dipping sauce.
Tablespoon  of PB
Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
Teaspoon of white wine vinegar.

Make a healthy wrap. Shredded Carrots, Sprouts, Cucumber, Rice, and Red Onion. Add tofu and peanut sauce. Roll it up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment